STARTING YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY WITH THE WALL TRAINER
Getting started is the hardest part of any fitness journey.
There are often too many hurdles, too many reasons to kick the commitment: the gym is too expensive, I don’t like the fitness instructor, it’s too far to drive, I feel uncomfortable working out in a group.
We hear you! And, we get it!
In fact, the lengthy list of inconveniences that often stop people from maintaining their fitness routine is the reason we created The Wall Trainer. We promise to be the champion of your physical wellness. We’ve eliminated many of the inconveniences that come with starting a new workout regimen, so you can focus all your energy on taking that first step towards an important lifestyle change.
Keep reading to learn more about some of The Wall Trainer tips to begin your fitness journey and which programs might work for you.
Make a Commitment
Consistency. You owe it to yourself to make your health a priority. Pick a time when you can truly focus on getting started. The first month of any new workout or diet routine is the hardest. Fill your pantry and refrigerator with nutrient-dense, high protein foods and toss out the tempting treats.
Small is better than nothing at all. Start with just 30 min a day. Set goals for yourself and make them achievable. For example, I want to run a marathon in three months might not be the best way to kick things off. So set yourself up for success and build on it. You’ll find that a dozen small successes adds up to a big win!
Accountability is important whenever you start something new and challenging. Tell supportive friends about your fitness efforts, and talk with them about your goals. Find a workout buddy or someone who is also beginning a new wellness routine. Fitness trackers are also a great way to monitor your progress, and keep you accountable to your goals.
Realize Improving Your Health Isn’t Just About Working Out
You can’t hope to change your exterior without first addressing the interior. Examine your eating habits, your sleep, stress level, and take stock of your mental health. Are you overworked? Dealing with a lot emotionally? What’s happening inside of your body (and mind) is critically important to achieving a healthier you.
We all need something to look forward to. Set goals, and then reward yourself for hitting them! Choose things that are truly motivating for you. Pin your rewards up where you can see them, or set alerts on your phone/fitness tracker to remind you what you’re working towards.
Exploring The Wall Trainer Workouts
If a guided workout helps you stay motivated and committed, we offer high-quality video workouts taught by professional instructors. Below is a breakdown of our program categories, so you can learn more about what programs might be best for you!
- Toning - Think lean body and defined muscles. Toning exercises focus on musculature and shape with less emphasis placed on increasing muscle mass/size.
- Yoga - Improve strength, balance, mental focus, and flexibility. Yoga is praised for its ability to lower stress and improve heart health.
- Circuit - high-intensity, high-reps to target strength building and muscular endurance.
- Building - focus placed on increasing muscle strength and size.
- HIIT - interval training, a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods, until too exhausted to continue.
- Core - targets midsection and it involves all muscles in that area including the front, back and sides
- Cardio - lower intensity, but still gets the heart pumping. Focused on building endurance and stamina.